Clogged gutters can cause a plethora of issues.
Keeping your gutters cleaned and in working order play a very important role in keeping your home a pleasant place to live. This applies to how your home looks and your experience spending time outdoors. Since it’s summer, your gutters are probably being paid a visit by mosquitoes due to debris blown in from the southern storms. Below are 5 benefits of gutter maintenance.
1. Prevents Allergies that come from mold. Wherever gutters are clogged, the moisture held inside the gutters will actually promote rapid reproduction of mold spores. These spores become airborne and can affect those who have allergies.
2. Prevents Unsightly mold growth on the side of your home. They come in several patchy colors; usually in green, black or gray. You may think its time to get your gutters or your home painted again when it may just be mold growing on the side of the house. Keeping your gutters unclogged will help reduce the chance of mold tainting the looks of your home.
3. Do you have a Mosquito Epidemic? Oh, how we hate mosquitoes! When water is dammed up in your gutters, it creates a huge breeding ground. Unclogging your gutters will help reduce the amount of mosquitoes you have around your home.
4. Prevents Wood Rot. We don’t like to hear this word because it can cost us a lot of money. If the gutters aren’t draining properly, there’s a good chance water is running behind the gutters, hitting the trim work and anything else that’s wood. When the wood starts to rot, gutters can start to sag due to the loosening of the nails.
5. Protects your Landscaping. No one wants to have a waterfall from your gutters hitting your favorite plants and washing out all your mulch.
Gutter cleaning is a great, inexpensive way to keep you from having to spend unnecessary amounts of money on repairs to keep up with your home. If you suspect your gutters aren’t flowing properly, or see a lot of leaves sticking out of them, call your local Labor Panes gutter cleaning specialist today.